Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Princess Fancy Pants - video of flag work

I take Princess Fancy Pants (PFP) out and away from the barn area a couple times a week. Sometimes we walk down the ditch, sometimes we walk in the arena. I think I mentioned in one of my recent posts how we did some work in the arena with the surcingle and saddle pad.

Yesterday I set up my video camera outside of the arena to tape our schooling session. Here's a video of the flag work we did. She's very sensitive to it so I don't like to put a lot of "energy" into it while I'm working with the flag, but at the same time, I want it to fly around a bit and be a bit distracting. I want her to clue into my energy of when something just "is" versus when I'm giving direction for her to do something.

Video is such a great tool for training the rider/handler. After watching it a few times, I definitely see where I did some things wrong and what I should focus on to do better and better support/teach PFP for the next time.

Anyway, here's our flag work.



No comments:

Post a Comment