Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Trickery - it works!

Princess Fancy Pants (PFP) and Mac met over the fence the other night. I didn't mean for it to happen and they were both happily eating grass in their own pastures, but the gate to the bachelor pad from PFP's pasture was open and Paddy wandered in there and so she followed him. Mac came to the other side of the fence and much neck-arching and "hey baby" nickering ensued. It was pretty cute and more uneventful than I thought it might be, even though they seem like they have, ahem, chemistry.

I decided that when I started riding Mac again (which I did last week) that I'd put PFP out to graze with Paddy, because what can be more distracting to a Welsh cob filly than a pasture of green grass!?

The first day I got some whinnies as Mac and I were walking to the arena, and then one or two whinnies after we got there (she can't see the arena from the pasture). The next day it was one whinny as I was leading Mac away. The last time, it was zero whinnies!

Trickery works!

No comments:

Post a Comment