Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pony video - ride #8

Brrrrr, it was chilly this morning! I could only stand to ride in my flannel-lined jeans, so I look a bit sloppy, but oh well.

I've done my math and I think this is ride #8 on the pony, and just our third time trotting. Because it was so cold I couldn't stand to put a bit in her mouth, so we're in the side pull.

What you can't see on the video is that to the left of the visible area on the screen is a tarp that I hung over her gate. For some reason she has A Thing with tarps and so I hung it over the gate (it was laying in her paddock) to just hang out there. We did a little ground work ahead of time with a piece of tarp attached to my flag, but that's not so interesting to watch.

I know this isn't the most exciting video ever, but I certainly had fun riding her! Steering to the right is not so great - steering to the left is better. She goes forward and comes back well. Mostly I just want her to get used to my weight and balance with me on her back, and teach her about going forward and back, and straight between my hands and legs. At the end she was a bit wiggly in opening the gate, but we got it done just fine. We went for a little trail ride on the property and came back in one piece with no spooking or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment